Investing in potential: supporting today’s legacies who are tomorrow’s alumni
Congratulations to the 2022 Legacy Scholars!
The five 2022 Legacy Scholarships have been awarded to members of the Class of 2026.
- Owen Belfield
- Sophie Chung
- Sofia Kutchi
- Alyson Lucas
- Genevieve Forrer, the Cynthia Darr Garver Scholar
- Opportunity for incoming first-year legacy* applicants to an undergraduate school at the University of Virginia
- $5,000 annual renewable award
- Selection will be based on a balance of merit and financial circumstances
- Preference may be given to children of Contributing Members of the Alumni Association
Who Can Apply?
- Incoming first-year legacy* students admitted to UVA
- Any legacy applicant can apply, but only admitted students will be considered for the award
* Father, mother, step-parent, or legal guardian earned a degree from any school at the University of Virginia.