The Student Alumni Council (SAC) is a group of undergraduate University of Virginia students supported by the UVA Alumni Association that serves the overarching student body by developing deeper connections to fellow students and alumni.
Apply for Student Alumni Council!
Applications are now open and are due by April 7.
Why join the Student Alumni Council?
Serving as a member of the Student Alumni Council is a great opportunity to enhance leadership skills, connect with alumni, plan events, and support the broader UVA student body. SAC members also receive free swag, food, and special programming throughout the year such as career development sessions. And on top of all that, you get to work with a fun, energetic group of people who love UVA and are excited to strengthen the UVA community!
We hope that you consider applying to serve on the SAC. If you have any questions, please email Lauren Coleman at email@example.com.
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on April 7.
- Interviews will take place the week of April 17–21.
- The Student Alumni Council roster will be finalized the week of April 24.
- There will be an introductory social at the end of April or early May.
The Student Alumni Council seeks to enhance the UVA student experience by providing engaging events and programs, fostering meaningful relationships among fellow students and alumni, and strengthening students’ overall bond with both the University and the Alumni Association.
Key SAC Programs
- Hoos Coming for Dinner: Local alumni in the Charlottesville area partner with the SAC to host students for dinner and conversation.
- Alumni Speaker Series: The SAC helps identify speakers to participate in the Alumni Association’s monthly Alumni Speaker Series and determine industries and topics that would be valuable to students’ professional development.
- Swag Wagon: Each semester, Student Alumni Council members drive a “swag wagon” around Grounds, handing out Alumni Association swag to students.
The SAC also enhances the overall student experience at signature Alumni Association events, including support of Bingo Nights, Study Breaks, and more. Members also assist the Alumni Association with social media content creation and in planning fun giveaways and popup events!