Class Rings have long been a part of the University’s tradition. While these rings act as a way to celebrate our time at UVA and to bind ourselves with the rest of our class, we understand that purchasing one can present a significant financial barrier to many students. As such, Third Year Council is proud to offer this application as an opportunity to make Class Rings more accessible to members of the Class of 2023. While we do collect your name and information in order to contact you, your application will remain anonymous and your name and other identifying information will not be provided to the review panel. Don’t hesitate, please utilize this opportunity to take charge of your tradition.
Rings received through this process, like all other class rings, will be distributed as a part of the Third Year Ceremony on October 22, 2021. Regardless of whether or not you receive a ring, the ceremony is open to all members of the Class of 2023 and their families to celebrate the halfway point of your UVA experience. We hope to see you there!
In order to be eligible to receive a ring through this scholarship, students must:
- Be a member of the Class of 2023
- On their honor, demonstrate financial need that would otherwise render them unable to purchase a ring through traditional means
- Submit your application online by 11:59PM on Wednesday, August 11th.
- During the following weeks, a panel will review applications and determine recipients.
- A member of the Third Year Council will contact you before August 20th regarding the status of your application and winners will be given further instructions.