Class Rings have long been a part of the University’s tradition. While these rings act as a way to celebrate our time at UVA and to bind ourselves with the rest of our class, we understand that purchasing one can present a significant financial barrier to many students. As such, the Third Year Council is proud to offer an application for a limited number of free rings for eligible students, as an opportunity to make Class Rings more accessible to members of the Class of 2025. While we do collect your name and information in order to contact you, your application will remain anonymous and your name and other identifying information will not be provided to the review panel. Don’t hesitate, please utilize this opportunity to take charge of your tradition.
Rings received through this process, like all other class rings, will be distributed as a part of the Third Year Ceremony on November 3, 2023. Regardless of whether or not you receive a ring, the ceremony is open to all members of the Class of 2025 and their families to celebrate the halfway point of your UVA experience. We hope to see you there!
To be eligible to receive a ring through this scholarship, students must:
- Be a member of the Class of 2025.
- Be enrolled in one of the undergraduate schools.
- On their honor, indicate financial need that would otherwise render them unable to purchase a ring.
- Submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, August 1.
- During the following weeks, a panel will review applications and determine recipients.
- A member of the Third Year Council will contact you in late August regarding the status of your application and to provide further instructions.
If you would like to help fund a ring for a student, you can donate now! The cost of the standard ring from Balfour is $540 for women’s sizing and $740 for men’s sizing. To fully fund a ring, we suggest donation amounts of $585 or $800, to cover the ring cost, taxes, and shipping. However, we will gladly accept other amounts, as we are appreciative of any contribution made.