- Room Dimensions: 72×60 ft
- Square Feet: 4320
- Capacity: 400 (700 standing)
- Descending Screen
- Podium with Microphone
- Internet Access
- Wet Bar
Newly renovated and expanded in 2007, the Jefferson Ballroom is ideal for receptions, conferences and events of all types. The ballroom may be rented by community members, U.Va. Alumni, as well as University departments and student groups. Please call 434-243-2665 to request more information, or to schedule an appointment to visit the ballroom. Or, you may Request Information via e-mail.
Visiting Alumni Hall
Appointments to visit Alumni Hall, including catering walk-throughs, may be scheduled Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please call 434-243-2665 to make an appointment.
Jefferson Ballroom rental information
Your ballroom reservation includes:
- Access to the Ballroom, Annex, Photo Gallery and outdoor Terrace areas
- Choice of 15 caterers to cater your event
- Use of Alumni Hall’s 35 round tables, 20 rectangular tables and 400 chairs
- Access to Alumni Hall’s 104 parking spots
- Seating for up to 400 guests for a dinner or theater-style event; up to 300 guests for a seated dinner with room for a dance floor; or up to 700 guests for a standing reception
- An Alumni Hall staff person to supervise your event
- Access to the built-in descending screens for presentations, a podium and microphone
- Access to the built-in sound system equipped for a band, DJ, or even your iPod
- Built-in wet bar
- Wireless Internet access
Ballroom Rental Times
Reservations for the ballroom may be made for the following time slots. If your event hours overlap two time slots, you must reserve both time slots.
|Rental Time Slots|
|Monday – Thursday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||5 p.m. – midnight|
|Friday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||7 p.m. – midnight|
|Saturday – Sunday||All Day||noon – 4 p.m.||7 p.m. – midnight|
- All ballroom events must be attended by an Alumni Hall approved caterer
- Only caterers that appear on the approved caterers list may cater out of Alumni Hall
- Caterers are responsible for all set-up and break-down of events
Interested in reserving a space for your event? Call for a complete folder of information or download it here.