The Alumni Association offers many scholarship opportunities for current University of Virginia students. The chart below provides details on each award.
- When a scholarship is available, the application document is accessed by clicking the ‘Apply’ link. Applications for scholarships without active application links are not available at this time.
- Rising first-year students and transfer students need to contact Molly Bass concerning their status before applying.
- In order to apply, students must be currently enrolled full-time at the University.
- Unless a geographic region is indicated, all scholarships are open to international students.
- Citizenship, as criteria, refers to the activity and not to a student’s residency.
- All scholarships will be divided over two semesters unless indicated. Anyone planning to graduate after one semester may only receive one semester of the award.
- Students must be enrolled full-time during the semester(s) in which the scholarship is paid. Money will not be retroactively applied to previous semesters.
- ALL applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the date they are due, and must be submitted through the online form.
Year indicates rising 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years.
|Title||Year||Criteria||Amount||Due||Details / Apply|
|The Richard H. Aulebach Scholarship||1||$8,000||7/1/2017|
|Leslie Baltz Art Study Fund||3, 4||$1,500||Spring|
Contact the art department.
|Robert Adams Bradford Scholarship||$10,000||Spring|
|Sean N. Bryant Memorial Scholarship||4||$2,500||Spring|
|Christopher L. Kness Memorial Scholarship||4||$900||Spring|
|Shawn Michael Bryant Memorial Scholarship||$2,500||Fall|
|Dr. Everett W. Butler OD Memorial Scholarship||3, 4||$3,500||Fall|
|Elsie Hughes Cabell Endowed Scholarship||$16,000||Spring|
Spring Semester – Please contact your school’s scholarship office for more information.
|Elizabeth Rose Coggins Scholarship||3, 4||$5,000||Fall|
|T. Rodney Crowley, Jr. Scholarship||4||In-state tuition||Spring|
|Kenneth L. and Lorraine M. Harkavy Scholarship||4||$5,000||Spring|
|Hess-Newman-Jargowsky-Stoker Scholarship - Class of 2001||Life touched by cancer||$1,000||Spring|
Please contact Dean Aaron Laushway in the Office of the Dean of Students for Information
|Glenn D. Kirwin Scholarship||3, 4||$20,000||Spring|
|Ann O'Brien Leone Scholarship||$1,250||Fall|
|Patrick Sean Murphy '87 Memorial Scholarship||3, 4||$7,000||Spring|
|September 11, 2001 Scholarship Fund||2, 3, 4||$3,000||Spring|
|Kelly O'Hara Memorial Fund||4||$15,000||Spring|
|Dana H. Rowe Scholarship||$5,500||Spring|
|Candice M. Ruff Memorial Scholarship||3, 4||$8,000||Spring|
|TASC (The Alumni-Student Cooperative)||2,3,4||$2,000||Spring|
|Gilbert J . Sullivan - Parents Program Endowed Scholarship||3||$7,500||Spring|
Go to: uvaparents.virginia.edu
|Sky Alland Scholarship||4||Full Tuition||Spring|
More info: www.skyscholarship.com
|Legacy Scholarship||Incoming first year||$5,000||Spring|
|The Rev. Paul C. Deckenbach Memorial Award||4||$2,000||Spring|
|Washington Literary Society and Debating Union Scholarship||2||$1,000||Spring|
|Melissa Holland Memorial Scholarship||2, 3, 4||$5,000||Spring|
|Sherri King Memorial Scholarship||3, 4||In-state tuition and fees||Spring|
|Sydney Elizabeth Owens Memorial Award||1, 2, 3||A student who has designed with faculty approval or input a transformative experience. The recipient will define a creative but workable experience that spans a summer or a semester.||$5,000||Spring|
|The UVA Club of Washington, DC Scholarship Fund||1||Incoming first-year student who possesses strong qualities of scholarship and citizenship||$1,500||7/1/2017|
|Sigma Pi Scholarship||2, 3, 4||Student who exhibits the most active and productive efforts toward improving the safety of all students from sexual assault and violence of any type on the Grounds at UVA||$2,500||Spring|
|Quentin Alcorn Memorial Scholarship||3, 4||$3,000||Spring|
|Peter J. Sposato Scholarship||2, 3, 4||$2,000||Spring|
|Warwick High School Class of 1952 Scholarship||$1,250||7/1/2017|
|D. Shannon Hollen Scholarship||1||$5,000||7/1/2017|
|The William W. W. Knight and Beverly Randolph Knight Scholarship||2, 3||$3,500 and $1,500||Spring|
|Jerry V. Glover Memorial Scholarship||1||$10,000||Summer|