We are so excited to welcome you back to Grounds for Young Alumni Reunions! Here is your guide for all things YAR. Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YAR 2023 is at the Ting Pavilion. The party starts at 9 p.m. and goes ‘til midnight.
- Your YAR ticket includes complimentary beer, hard cider and seltzer, and late-night food.
- All YAR attendees must be 21+. No exceptions.
- Restrooms are located inside the Ting Pavilion.
- Once you scan your ticket, there is no re-entry to the event.
You need two things to get in to YAR: a valid, government-issued photo ID and your YAR ticket. The name on your YAR ticket must match the name on your ID. If it doesn’t, email us at email@example.com to get it updated!
Each attendee will be required to complete a bag check at the entrance of the event. Please note the list of items prohibited at the Ting Pavilion.
Reminder: there are no on-site ticket sales, and tickets are non-transferable. Online registration closes at 4 p.m. on October 7, or when event capacity is reached.
Wear whatever makes you feel festive! Your best dressed, gameday attire, or casual. The Ting Pavilion is an outdoor venue and YAR will take place there rain-or-shine, so come prepared for whatever the forecast brings!
Food and Beverage
Your YAR ticket includes complimentary beer, hard cider and seltzer, and late-night snacks.
YAR 2023 Menu
- Boneless Chicken Wings & French Fries (Fries are GF, V)
- Pork or Vegetable Dumplings (GF, V)
- Nachos (V, VG, GF options available)
- Pulled Pork Sliders (GF options available)
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Basil Soup (V, tomato soup is GF)
V = Vegetarian; VG = Vegan; GF = Gluten Free
- Bold Rock Virginia Apple Cider (GF)
- Devils Backbone Vienna Lager and HOO RAH RAY IPA
- Michelob Ultra
- Bud Light Seltzer (GF)
- Blue Ridge Kombucha
- Hot Apple Cider
- Hot Chocolate
- Water (available in bins at each beer station)
- Soda (available in bins near food trucks at 7th Street)
Check out the event map so you’ll know where to find food, beverages, and bathrooms!
Parking & Transportation
The City of Charlottesville free trolley runs from the University to the Downtown Mall every 20 minutes from approximately 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. You can get on or off at any of the stops noted on the green line. Take a look at the route here.
If you plan to park downtown, the City of Charlottesville operates two public parking garages in the immediate vicinity of the Downtown Mall: the Market Street Garage at 550 East Market Street and the Water Street Garage at 200 East Water Street. Both garages are open 24-hours and cost $2 per hour. And, of course, you can always use Uber, Lyft, or a cab.