Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Reunions Committee Member. As a leader of your class, you have the power to motivate your classmates to reconnect with UVA and each other. A minimal time commitment is required, and your help will make a tremendous impact on the success of the weekend’s festivities. There are two ways to serve in honor of your Reunion: the Giving Committee and the Outreach Committee.
All Committee Members are expected to:
- Stay informed throughout the year via email and 1-2 virtual meetings.
- Serve as a connection point between your class and the University and/or the Alumni Association by sharing feedback and updates in both directions.
- Have fun at your reunion! (No weekend-of responsibilities)
- Classes of 1973-1993: June 2-4, 2023
- Classes of 1998-2018: June 9-11, 2023
You can learn about specific committee responsibilities and join one or both committees below.
Giving Committee Members are expected to:
- Support the University by making a personal gift to any area of the University during the fiscal year (July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023).
- Help the University identify classmates who have the capacity to give a leadership gift ($2,500-$20,000+ per year or $1,000+ per year for younger alumni). You do not have to solicit these individuals, but if you can be influential in a gift, we’d love to know!
- Share a “give back” message with your classmates 2-3 times per year.
Outreach Committee Members are expected to:
- Connect with friends and classmates throughout the year to build excitement and encourage reunion attendance.
- Consider hosting a reception during Reunions for a student activity group or CIO that you were part of.
How we celebrate our Committee Members:
One of the perks of serving as a committee member is the opportunity to reconnect with classmates in advance of your Reunion. Many committee members report a deeper sense of engagement and enjoyment during the weekend because of their work as a volunteer in the year prior. In addition to the warm and fuzzy feelings, here’s how we celebrate our committee members:
- Recognition on the Reunions website
- Invitation to an exclusive appreciation event during the weekend
- Special gift at Reunions check-in
- Credit on your UVA record for volunteer service to the University