Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Reunions Committee Member. As a leader of your class, you have the power to motivate your classmates to reconnect with UVA and each other. A minimal time commitment is required, and your help will make a tremendous impact on the success of the weekend’s festivities.
All Committee Members are expected to:
- Stay informed throughout the year via email and 1-2 virtual meetings.
- Serve as a connection point between your class and the University and/or the Alumni Association by sharing feedback and updates in both directions.
- Have fun at your reunion! (No weekend-of responsibilities)
- Classes of 1974-1994: May 31-June 2, 2024
- Classes of 1999-2019: June 7-9, 2024
You can learn about specific committee responsibilities below.
Outreach Committee Members work in partnership with the UVA Alumni Association to:
- Connect with friends and classmates throughout the year to build excitement and encourage reunion attendance.
- Provide event feedback to help shape Reunions programming.
- Consider hosting a reception during Reunions for a student activity group or CIO that you were part of.
- Outreach Committee service takes place between summer 2023 and your reunion in 2024. You will receive an email invitation to join the Outreach Committee in summer 2023.
Giving Committee Members work in partnership with the University’s Office of Reunion Giving to:
- Support UVA by making a personal gift to any area of the University during the fiscal year (July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024).
- Help identify classmates who have the capacity to give leadership gifts. You do not have to solicit these individuals, but if you can be influential in a gift, we’d love to know!
- The Giving Committee focused its service in spring 2023. If interested in helping with the giving effort, please contact Mary Blair Zakaib at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Reunion Giving website for more information about Reunion Giving.
How we celebrate Committee Members:
One of the perks of serving as a committee member is the opportunity to reconnect with classmates in advance of your Reunion. Many committee members report a deeper sense of engagement and enjoyment during the weekend because of their work as a volunteer in the year prior. In addition to the warm and fuzzy feelings, here’s how we celebrate our committee members:
- Recognition on the Reunions website
- Invitation to an exclusive appreciation event during the weekend
- Special gift at Reunions check-in
- Credit on your UVA record for volunteer service to the University