In this section…
Resources for Alumni over 50
- 40 Plus (DC Metro): Community supporting experienced professionals through career transitions.
- AARP: Articles, resources and career success stories for individuals aged 50+.
- Bizstarters: Business startup coaching for boomers, run by UVA alum Jeff Williams (Com ’70).
- Encore: Second act careers for the greater good.
- Flex Jobs: Work-from-anywhere jobs for older workers.
- FlexProfessionals: Matches companies looking for seasoned part-time employees with second career or 50+ professionals looking for meaningful part-time work.
- Next Avenue: Public media’s first and only national journalism service for America’s booming older population.
- Retired Brains: Jobs for boomers, seniors and retirees.
- Retiree Workforce: Full and part-time jobs for seniors and retirees.
- Retirement Jobs: Jobs for people over 50.
- SCORE: Free business mentoring and education.
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (Virginia): Enhances job opportunities for unemployed older Americans and promotes them as a solution for businesses seeking trained, qualified and reliable employees.
- Senior Job Bank: Connecting employers with qualified older job seekers.
- What’s Next: Everything you need to reinvent yourself in mid-life.
- Workforce50: Jobs and information for the 50+ workforce; searchable by state.
- Your Encore: Talent community of experts in the life science and consumer industries.