YAR tickets are available online only through Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. Tickets will not be sold, and cannot be altered, at the door of the event.
- Who is invited to attend YAR?
YAR welcomes the 3 most recently graduated classes of UVA young alumni back to Charlottesville on Homecomings night. This year, members of the undergraduate classes of 2016, 2017, and 2018 are invited to attend. All YAR attendees must be 21 years of age or older, regardless of graduation year, and will be ID-ed by security staff at the entrance to the event.
- When and where will YAR be held this year?
- Why has the location changed?
After years of record-breaking attendance, YAR has outgrown the Amphitheater and is on the move to one of Charlottesville’s greatest outdoor venues, the Sprint Pavilion on the Downtown Mall. Here is a map of the event layout at the Pavilion.
Why we’re excited:
- More room = more friends. You’ll have plenty of space to dance (or not!) and it will be easier to find your friends, access the photo booth, and grab food and drink.
- The party is on rain or shine. The Sprint Pavilion is completely covered, but still open-air. No inclement weather location required!
- You’ve got options. YAR will take place steps away from great Downtown Mall restaurants for dinner or a drink. If the Corner is more your style, hop on a complimentary shuttle and head back toward Grounds.
- No portajohns. Enough said. Restrooms are located inside the Pavilion.
- What is the Sprint Pavilion? How do I get there?
The Sprint Pavilion is located at the end of the Downtown Mall at 700 East Main Street.
The City of Charlottesville free trolley runs from the University to the Downtown Mall every 20 minutes from approximately 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Take a look at the game day route here. You can get on at any of the stops noted on the green line.
Limited additional shuttles for YAR attendees will run from the University to the Pavilion between 8 p.m. and 1 a.m. These shuttles will pick up at the Bookstore/Central Grounds Parking Garage bus stop on Emmet Street (this location is also one of the free trolley stops).
If you plan to park downtown, the City of Charlottesville operates two public parking garages in the immediate vicinity of the Downtown Mall: the Market Street Garage at 550 East Market Street and the Water Street Garage at 200 East Water Street. Both garages are open from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturdays and cost $2 per hour.
And, of course, you can always use Uber, Lyft, or a cab.
- What is included in the cost of a YAR ticket?
A ticket to YAR includes complimentary beer and hard cider, late-night food, and access to the event (DJ and dancing, photo booth, reliving college glory).
Your YAR ticket is not a ticket to the Homecomings football game. Football tickets must be purchased separately. You can purchase a football ticket in the young alumni block on the YAR website here.
- How much are YAR tickets?
YAR tickets are $25 each ($20 for Alumni Association members). Tickets for YAR can only be purchased on the YAR website through Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST. TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR OF THE EVENT.
- When and where can I buy tickets?
Tickets for YAR can only be purchased on the YAR website through Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST. TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR OF THE EVENT.
- I’ve already registered for YAR, but haven't received my ticket email. What should I do?
Check you spam/junk/promotions folders – it’s likely that your ticket email was automatically filtered into one of these folders. The email you’re looking for is from “UVA YAR” and the subject line is “Your YAR Electronic Ticket(s) and Registration Confirmation.”
If you still can’t find your ticket email, contact Angela Raker (firstname.lastname@example.org, 434-243-9084) at the Alumni Association before Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST.
- What happens if it rains during YAR?
YAR will take place in the Sprint Pavilion rain or shine!
- I’ve already registered for YAR. Do I need to bring my ticket with me to get into the event?
Yes. In order to get into YAR, each pre-registered event attendee will be required to present their electronic ticket barcode. You can print your ticket and present a paper copy, or show the ticket on the screen of your smartphone. Ticket barcodes will be scanned at the door of the event.
YAR tickets are not transferrable. The name on your YAR ticket must match the information on your ID, or you will not be permitted to enter the event. The name on your guest ticket must match the information on your guest’s ID, or your guest will not be permitted to enter the event.
- I’ve already registered for YAR. Do I need to bring my ID with me to get into the event?
Yes. You will not be permitted to enter the event without a valid, government issued photo ID showing that you are 21 or older. The name on your YAR ticket must match the information on your ID, or you will not be permitted to enter the event. This applies to all event attendees regardless of graduation year, and when and how you register.
- I did not register for YAR online in advance. Can I buy a ticket at the door of the event?
No. Tickets for YAR can only be purchased on the YAR website through Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST. TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR OF THE EVENT.
- Can I bring a guest to YAR?
Yes. Alumni can purchase up to 2 guest tickets to YAR online. To register a guest, you are required to provide the following information: guest first and last name; verification that guest is 21 years of age or older; whether or not guest is a UVA alum or student; if guest is a UVA alum or student, class year and school. The name on your guest’s ticket must match the information on your guest’s ID, or your guest will not be permitted to enter the event.
If you’ve already purchased your YAR ticket and would like to add a guest before the registration deadline of Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST, call or email Angela Raker (email@example.com, 434-243-9084). Guest tickets cannot be purchased or altered at the door of the event.
- I am a UVA undergraduate student, but I'm over 21. Can I come to YAR?
Current UVA undergraduate students cannot purchase a ticket to YAR. However, if an alum chooses to bring a current undergraduate student over the age of 21 to YAR as his/her guest, that student may attend the event. All YAR attendees must be 21 years of age or older and will be ID-ed by security staff at the entrance to the event.
- I am an alum, but I'm not a member of the Classes of 2018, 2017, or 2016. Can I come to YAR?
Members of the three youngest undergraduate classes are officially invited to YAR, but alumni from older classes who are over the age of 21 are welcome to attend the event as well. If you are not a member of the Class of 2018, 2017, or 2016 and would like to attend YAR this fall, you can register as the guest of an alum from the Class of 2018, 2017, or 2016, or register yourself by phone by calling Jess Hamilton at 434-243-9046 or Angela Raker at 434-243-9084.
- I’ve already registered for YAR, but I lost my ticket barcode. What should I do?
If you lose your ticket barcode before Homecomings Weekend, contact Angela Raker (firstname.lastname@example.org, 434-243-9084) at the Alumni Association before Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST.
If you lose your ticket barcode after Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST, you’ll need to address this issue when you arrive at YAR. A check in area will be set up at the main entrance to the event to accommodate alumni who have misplaced their tickets. An Alumni Association staff member will take your personal information and look up your purchase history in our registration system. Once we locate your ticket in our system, we will be able to check you into the event. Please note: this process will likely be time consuming and may delay your event entry.
- I've already registered for YAR, but I need to make changes to my registration or cancel my registration. What should I do?
Contact Angela Raker (email@example.com, 434-243-9084) at the Alumni Association. All requests for changes or cancellations must be made before Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m. EST.
- Are any items prohibited at the Sprint Pavilion?
Yes. The following items are prohibited at the Sprint Pavilion:
- Weapons of any kind
- Alcohol brought in from outside
- Illegal substances
- Laser Pens
- Animals (except service animals assisting individuals with disabilities)
- Portable cooking devices or grills
- Tall-backed lawn chairs
A bag check will be incorporated into the YAR check-in process per the Sprint Pavilion’s event policy. For additional information on the Pavilion’s policies, check their FAQ page here.