Hoo-rah-ray! Tickets for Reunions 2022 are on sale now! Get ready to Bring It Back to Grounds this June for a weekend of special events and opportunities to reconnect with classmates and the University.
We look forward to welcoming undergraduate classes ending in -2 and -7 and members of the Thomas Jefferson Society (alumni celebrating their 50th reunion and beyond) back to Grounds:
Classes of 1962, 1967, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987 and the Thomas Jefferson Society of Alumni
Get ready to Bring It Back to Grounds this June—tickets for Reunions are officially on sale!
Ticket prices are dependent on class year and the number of activities in which you choose to participate. Additionally, if you are bringing a guest, you must purchase a ticket for them, as well. Please see the page for your weekend (June 2-5 or June 10-12) for additional ticket information.
New for 2022: Reunions tickets can only be purchased on the Reunions website in advance of the event. Tickets cannot be purchased or altered on-site at Alumni Hall during the weekend.
The UVA Alumni Association is committed to making Reunions an inclusive and accessible experience for everyone. When you purchase your ticket for Reunions, you’ll have the option on the registration form to indicate if you require any disability-related accommodations to successfully participate in the event. If you do require an accommodation, a member of our team will email you about your request.
On the first weekend of Reunions, the Alumni Association will provide looping shuttles from Alumni Hall to Central Grounds on the following dates and times:
- Friday, June 3: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 4: 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
These shuttles will run on a loop from the back parking lot of Alumni Hall to the Amphitheatre bus stop to the Chapel bus stop and back to Alumni Hall. The shuttles are intended to provide accessible service to Central Grounds for events taking place there during the day.
If you have questions regarding accessibility at Reunions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodging is available both on- and off-Grounds. Please see the page for your weekend (June 2-5 or June 10-12) for more information and a list of local hotels. Whatever your preference, we encourage alumni to book rooms early as accommodations are in high demand for this weekend.
Check in for Reunions will take place at Alumni Hall. Here, you’ll receive your nametag, which serves as your ticket for the events you’ve registered to attend, and other information. 20-minute parking is available for check-in and no permit is necessary. You will receive more information about check-in in May 2022.
During Reunions, Alumni Hall is open during the following hours:
Weekend I (June 2-5)
- Thursday, June 2: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 3: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 4: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Weekend II (June 10-12)
- Friday, June 10: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
During the hours above, you can reach the Reunions Help Desk at 434-243-9073.
Lost items will be returned to Alumni Hall for pick-up throughout the weekend.
Reminder: Reunions tickets cannot be purchased or altered on-site at Alumni Hall during the weekend.
The attire for most Reunions events is casual, and we encourage alumni to dress so that they feel comfortable and festive. If specific attire is requested at an event, it will be listed in the event description.
Spring weather in Virginia is unpredictable, so please plan for a variety of weather scenarios. Additionally, indoor locations are heavily air-conditioned, please bring a jacket, shawl, or sweater to ensure you stay comfortable.
The following local resources are available if you need childcare during Reunions:
*Please note: this listed of childcare providers does not imply an endorsement by the UVA Alumni Association.
(Classes of 1970, 1971, 1972)
(Thomas Jefferson Society and Classes of 1962, 1967, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1997)
(Classes of 2002, 2007, 2012, 2017)
Office of Reunion Giving
The UVA Alumni Association works with the state climatologist to make decisions on whether to hold events outdoors or indoors, and these decisions often have to be made as early as 9 a.m. for the entire day. This early call gives our partners (caterers, rental companies, AV/lighting companies, University facilities, event staff, etc.) time to adjust their logistics and move materials for these large-scale events.
Please know that we want nothing more than to host all our events (especially class dinners) in their original outdoor locations. Nothing can compare to a dinner on the Lawn! However, the reality of a summer day in Virginia is that we must make the best decision we can with the information we have at the time we have it.
Inclement weather locations are listed in the description of each event. If the Alumni Association makes the decision to move an event, you will receive an email from the Alumni Association, and if you opt to download the UVA Alumni Events app (coming in May), you will receive a push notification. Updates will also be listed on the Reunions website. If you do not receive a message, the event is taking place outdoors as scheduled.
Health & Safety
(Updated May 16, 2022) The Commonwealth of Virginia and the UVA community have seen an increase in COVID-19 cases over the past few weeks. While we do not intend to change our public health policies in advance of Reunions, University public health experts have developed a set of reminders and recommendations intended to help make Reunions as safe and successful as possible for all involved.
- If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend Reunions, even if you have tested negative for COVID-19 in advance of your arrival. We are all aware of cases in which someone who is experiencing symptoms tests positive after multiple negative tests. The best way to keep people safe at Finals is for anyone who is experiencing symptoms to stay home. If you need to cancel your Reunions ticket, email email@example.com.
- If you are planning to attend Reunions, we strongly recommend making sure you are fully up to date on your COVID-19 vaccinations and booster shots. These are the most powerful tools we have to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and people who are not fully vaccinated are at much higher risk of contracting the virus and developing serious illness. If you are not fully vaccinated and boosted, you should consider whether attending this event is worth the risk to your health and the health of the people around you.
- Due to an increase in viral prevalence, we encourage the wearing of masks while attending indoor events. This is especially true for those who have chronic health conditions and those who are not fully vaccinated. While we will not require mask wearing, we ask all attendees to consider this simple step to prevent the virus from spreading while we celebrate together.
- If possible, please consider taking a COVID-19 test before you attend Reunions, and follow CDC isolation protocols if you test positive. At-home tests are widely available at local pharmacies and, while not foolproof, these tests can help ensure that those attending Reunions are not unknowingly carrying the virus.
Interested in getting a class ring while you’re in town? Balfour will be in Charlottesville on the following dates and times:
- Friday June 3 and 10: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at the UVA Bookstore and Mincers
- Saturday June 4 and 11: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at the UVA Bookstore and Mincers
- Sunday June 5 and 12: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Mincers
Food and Beverage
The following vendors are open in Newcomb Hall during Reunions.
- Juice Laundry, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. daily
- Starbucks, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. weekdays
Additionally, water refill stations are located near the Amphitheatre and the Lawn. Look for the large blue dispensers and help yourself!
Admission to the Fralin Museum of Art is free, and hours are listed below:
- Thursday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Visit the UVA Library website for a list of libraries that will be open during Reunions weekend.
The Rotunda is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The University Chapel is open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
The UVA Bookstore is located at 400 Emmet St. S, atop the Central Grounds Parking Garage, and adjacent to Newcomb Hall. The UVA Bookstore is open during the following hours:
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
On-Grounds accommodations (Lawn, Range, dorm rooms) are managed by our partners at Conferences@UVA. If you have a question about an existing reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-924-4479.
If you are staying in a Lawn, Range or dorm room during Reunions, you will receive information from Conferences@UVA in advance of the weekend with information about your reservation.
You must pick up/drop-off your room key at Gibbons House (425 Tree House Dr.) at the hours listed below. Complimentary short-term parking is available across the street at the Aquatics & Fitness Center (450 Whitehead Rd.). There is no after-hours check-in or check-out, and you cannot pick up or drop off your key at Alumni Hall.
Weekend I (June 2-5)
- Thursday, June 2: 2-7 p.m.
- Friday, June 3: 2-9 p.m.
- Saturday, June 4: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 5: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Weekend II (June 10-12)
- Thursday, June 9: 2-7 p.m.
- Friday, June 10: 2-9 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 12: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
What to Bring
On-Grounds housing reservations includes one linen set, a pillow, and a blanket. You will need to bring your own hangers, bath towels, toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, soap etc.), hair dryer, and iron/ironing board if needed.
Free parking is available during Reunions at the locations below. Some locations require the use of a code. Please note these locations and carefully follow these instructions to avoid ticketing or towing at your expense.
If you have a valid disabled permit or license plate displayed, you may park in a disabled, metered or service vehicle parking space anywhere on Grounds. View an Accessibility Map of Grounds here.
20-minute parking for check-in. Longer-term parking for events at Alumni Hall. No permit or code necessary.
Central Grounds Garage
Hourly parking. Use code and instructions below. Overnight parking is not allowed.
Culbreth Theatre Garage
Long-term and overnight parking. Use code and instructions below.
Long-term and overnight parking. Use code and instructions below. Due to construction, the only entrance to this garage is from Emmet Street, and the only exit is to Ivy Road.
Long-term and overnight parking available after 5 p.m. on Friday through Sunday at 11:59 p.m. No permit or code necessary.
Instructions for using the Reunions free parking code
Code and instructions coming soon.
Access to on-Grounds recreation facilities is provided as part of your Reunions registration. Simply show your Reunions nametag at the facility to receive a guest pass. Call 434-924-PLAY or visit www.virginia.edu/ims for more information.
- University Transit (UTS) Buses: You can ride any UTS bus for free by showing your Reunions nametag. View the UTS schedule and route information here.
- Free City Trolley: The free city trolley connects students, community members, and visitors between Downtown Charlottesville, the Corner and Grounds. View the trolley route here.
- Celebrate Responsibly: We encourage alumni to celebrate safely and responsibly at Reunions. For your convenience and safety, please consider calling a taxi or car service to get home safely.
Follow these steps to connect to UVA’s Guest Wi-Fi network while on Grounds:
- Connect to the UVA Guest WiFi network
- A pop-up window should open automatically (if the page doesn’t appear, open a browser & visit virginia.edu/guest)