Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®)
The MBTI® is the most widely used personality assessment instrument in the world, with a proven record based on over 70 years of research and development. It gives you access to your psychological type, or how you process information. From a career standpoint, it provides insight into your own strengths, areas for development and career and work environments you might enjoy.
- The Myers & Briggs Foundation: MBTI® Basics: An overview of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®(MBTI® ).
Strong Interest Inventory (SII®)
The SII® assessment is used to help you understand your work interests and to illustrate the kinds of work in which you might be most satisfied. It measures your interests in a broad range of occupations, work activities, leisure activities, and academic subjects, then compares your results with those of people successfully employed in those occupations.
- The Strong Interest Inventory: A good background on the assessment as well as what the report you’ll receive includes.
- Holland Codes Blog: Provides information about the different preferences or “codes” in the SII. The Department of Labor analyzed thousands of occupations using the codes which are available at o*netonline.org.
Eligibility & Fees
- Contributing Members wishing to take the MBTI® or SII® assessment will be charged materials fees as follows:
$35$24.50 (30% savings!)
- MBTI®: $35
- Each assessment is taken online and followed by a career advising appointment to interpret the results. The first step is to schedule an advising appointment with the appointment type “SII” or “MBTI” in UVAlumniJOBS.
- Payment for assessments is made online. You will receive payment instructions when your appointment time is confirmed; you will receive access to the online assessment when the payment is received.