Document (e.g. resume, CV, cover letter) and LinkedIn profile reviews are part of our advising services. They require a preliminary advising appointment to provide the reviewer with additional context about your search and experience. Your documents/profile are then read and critiqued offline during a separate appointment, with feedback provided by email.
- Preliminary appointment: in person, or by phone/Zoom
- Document review (resume, CV, cover letter or LinkedIn profile): written feedback only; we do not meet
How many documents per 50-minute document review?
- One 1 page resume + one 1 page cover letter OR
- One 2 page resume/CV/cover letter OR
- One LinkedIn profile review
- Longer documents may require an additional appointment(s); please contact your advisor
What to send for review
- Resume, CV or cover letter in MS Word tailored to a specific job
- Resume, CV, cover letter: the job description for which you are applying
- LinkedIn: a job description that exemplifies the role you are seeking