Career advising appointments may be used for review of your résumé, CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile.
Document and LinkedIn profile reviews are part of our advising services. They require a preliminary advising appointment to provide the reviewer with additional context about your search and experience. Your documents/profile are then read and critiqued offline during a separate appointment, with feedback provided by email.
- Preliminary appointment: in person, or by phone / Skype for business
- Document review (résumé, CV, cover letter or LinkedIn profile): written feedback only; we do not meet
How many documents per 50-minute document review?
- One 1 page résumé + one 1 page cover letter OR
- One 2 page résumé/CV/cover letter OR
- One LinkedIn profile review
- Longer documents may require an additional appointment(s); please contact your advisor
What to send for review
- Résumé, CV or cover letter in MS Word tailored to a specific job
- Résumé, CV, cover letter: the job description for which you are applying
- LinkedIn: a job description that exemplifies the role you are seeking