Individual Advising & Assessments
- Alumni Career Services (ACS) offers individual career advising to University of Virginia Alumni by appointment.
- ACS also offers the Myers-Briggs (MBTI® ) Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory (SII® ) Assessments. An assessment is taken online and followed by a career advising appointment to interpret the results.
- Appointments are usually 50 minutes long and are held by phone, Skype or in person at Alumni Hall.
Individual Advising Fees
- Alumni Association Life Members, spouses & partners: No charge
- Alumni Association Annual Members: First five sessions at no charge; additional sessions available at $75 for 5 sessions
- Non-member alumni: $75 for 5 sessions
- Assessment fee: $25.00 per assessment, plus advising as listed above
Do you have career-related questions but don’t quite need an appointment? Join us on Thursdays between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m., when an Alumni Career Services advisor is available in Alumni Hall’s Virginia Room to meet informally with alumni, their spouses and partners. Have a cup of coffee, get some questions answered and share job and career search tips with an advisor and other participants during Thursday Walk-ins.
Note to recent graduates: Graduating students are eligible for Alumni Career Services immediately upon graduation. For May 2013 grads, the last day to use University Career Services (UCS) was August 9, 2013.