Individual Advising & Assessments
- Alumni Career Services (ACS) offers individual career advising to University of Virginia Alumni by appointment.
- ACS also offers the Myers-Briggs (MBTI® ) Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory (SII® ) Assessments. An assessment is taken online and followed by a career advising appointment to interpret the results.
- Appointments are usually 50 minutes long and are held by phone, Skype or in person at Alumni Hall.
Individual Advising Fees
- Alumni Association Life Members, spouses & partners: No charge
- Alumni Association Annual Members: First five sessions at no charge; additional sessions available at $75 for 5 sessions
- Non-member alumni: $75 for 5 sessions
- Assessment fee: $35.00 per assessment, plus advising as listed above
Do you have career-related questions but don’t quite need an appointment? Join us on Thursdays from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., when an Alumni Career Services advisor is available in Alumni Hall’s Virginia Room to meet informally with alumni, their spouses and partners. Get resume and job search tips, figure out your next step for professional advancement, or ask other questions about managing your career during Thursday Walk-ins.