Third Year Council members will be selected based on their ability to represent and network with the Class of 2023. As transfers, your voice will be incredibly important to represent on the Council. We seek to have a diverse representation based on: undergraduate school, academic programs, gender, ethnicity/culture, different social communities, and more. In effect, Third Year Council will be expected to actively represent such groups by relaying relevant information to them, encouraging them to participate in third-year events, and generally working to involve their individual communities in the greater community of the Class of 2023.
In order to serve as a Class of 2023 Third Year Council member, students must fulfill specific requirements:
- Applicants must be preparing to graduate from any of the undergraduate schools in the academic year 2022–2023.
- Members are required to attend general body meetings (every other Sunday at 2pm), in addition to committee meetings
- Members are also expected to attend and support all Third Year Council-related activities
- Submit your application online by 11:59PM on Sunday, August 29th.
- For the next few days, the newly elected officers will read the applications, contact applicants by email within a few days of the deadline, and interview select candidates
Important Dates to Mark if Selected
- TYC Transfer Orientation: 1:30PM on September 5th at Alumni Hall
- TYC General Body Meeting: 2:00PM on September 5th at Alumni Hall, then every other Sunday after at 2pm