There are several options for lodging during Reunions, taking place May 30-June 2, 2019. You can relive the glory days and stay on-Grounds in a dorm room. You can book a room through one of our hotel blocks or seek out a quaint bed and breakfast. Whatever your preference, we encourage alumni to book rooms early as accommodations are in high demand for this weekend.
Click on the menu tabs below to expand content for each category.
- On-Grounds Accommodations
Looking for an alternative to a hotel during Reunions? Later this fall, UVA Conference Services will open online reservations for air-conditioned dorm rooms (single and suite-style). Once the reservation link is available, this page will be updated, and you will receive an email with information about making a reservation through UVA Conference Services.
Lawn and Range Rooms
Due to the limited number of rooms, and high demand for those rooms, all Lawn and Range Rooms for Reunions are assigned via lottery. Click here to enter the lottery. Please note:
- You must enter the lottery online by September 30, 2018 for your application to be considered. After this deadline, your application will not be considered.
- Assignment preference is given to former Lawn/Range residents, as well as to Reunion Committee Co-Chairs.
- Alumni will be notified of their application status via email in late fall 2018.
- Accommodations on the Lawn/Range are as you remember them as a student:
- Included: single twin bed with a pillow and linens, towels, desk, closet and sink.
- Not-included: air-conditioning, fan, toiletries, hangers, additional beds.
- Restrooms are available in Lawn alleys.
Questions? Contact Becca Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel BlocksThe UVA Alumni Association has reserved blocks at the following local hotels. There are many more hotels in Charlottesville aside from the ones listed below. Click here to view additional accommodations in Charlottesville.
Note: The Cavalier Inn closed in May 2018.
To book a room through the hotel blocks:
- You must call the hotel – most blocks are not available online.
- You must reference the “UVA Alumni Association Reunions Weekend 1 Block.”
- All blocks expire April 30, 2019, unless otherwise stated.
If you find that the hotel block(s) are full:
- Ask the hotel about vacancy outside the hotel block – other rooms may be available.
- Visit travel websites (Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) to check on availability there.
- Call back often to check on availability.
Hotel Address Phone Distance from Grounds Nightly Rate Boar’s Head Inn 200 Ednam Dr. 434-296-2181 or
2.59 miles $290
Block expires 4/15/19
Courtyard Marriott (UVA) 1201 W Main St. 434-977-1700 or
0.75 miles Thursday: $169
Courtyard Marriott (29N) 638 Hillsdale Dr. 434-973-7100 or
2.57 miles $157 The Draftsman 1106 W Main St. 434-244-7902 0.50 miles $249
Block expires 4/15/19
Double Tree 900 Hilton Heights Rd. 434-973-2121 5.3 miles $159 The English Inn 2000 Morton Dr. 434-971-9900 1.7 miles $119 The Graduate 1309 W Main St. 434-295-4333 0.4 miles Thursday: $149
Hampton Inn & Suites (UVA) 900 W Main St. 434-923-8600 or
0.91 miles Thursday: $169
Hilton Garden Inn 1793 Richmond Rd. 434-979-4442 4.6 miles $168 Homewood Suites 2036 India Rd. 434-244-6200 1.73 miles $219 Holiday Inn (Monticello) 1200 5th St. SW 434-977-5100 4.0 miles $160
Block expires 4/15/19
Hyatt Place 2100 Bond St. 434-995-5200 1.5 miles Thursday: $139
Inn at Darden 100 Darden Blvd. 434-243-5000 0.70 miles $135 Omni Hotel 212 Ridge McIntire Rd. 434-971-5500 or
1.52 miles $279 Residence Inn (Barracks) 1111 Millmont St. 434-923-0300 1.2 miles $169 Residence Inn (Downtown) 315 W. Main St. 434-220-0075 1.5 miles $239
*Please note: This listing of Charlottesville-area accommodations does not imply an endorsement by the University of Virginia or the UVA Alumni Association. Additionally, the University of Virginia and the UVA Alumni Association cannot guarantee how long the information on this site will remain accurate. Please note that lower nightly rates may be available through other online travel sites. If your question has not been answered by this page or if you find out that a hotel is full, we invite you to contact the Alumni Association at email@example.com or (434) 243-9000.
- Other Local Accommodations
Charlottesville offers alumni a wide range of hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts and accommodations for every taste and budget. Click here to see an extensive list of other area accommodations outside of our hotel block options. Additionally, you may want to consider home rental sites like Airbnb, VRBO, or Stay Charlottesville.