Reunions is the perfect opportunity to introduce your family to classmates and to UVA. Children of all ages are welcome at all Reunions events – yes, even your class dinners! Cav Man, face painters, and balloon artists have been known to make appearances at class dinners to keep everyone entertained.
While we’re still finalizing the schedule for Reunions 2019, here are examples of kid- and family-friendly events we’ve planned in the past.
- Monticello Excursion
- Interactive open houses at on-Grounds libraries (3D printing, anyone?)
- Kids’ Carnival (bounce houses galore!)
- Tom DeLuca Hypnotist Show
- Alumni Children Admission Tour and Seminar (perfect for middle and high school students)
- Creativity Camp at the Fralin Museum
- Kids’ Movies (supervised nighttime fun)
- Arcade and board games at 1515 University Ave. (the newest student space on the Corner)
We also set up a Family Lounge in Newcomb Hall, stocked with everything you’d need to take a break with the little ones: water, snacks, games, sunscreen, changing pad, etc. A private room for nursing mothers will also be available at Alumni Hall.
Stay tuned for more details on family-friendly activities at Reunions!