On Saturday, September 15, 2018, the Reunion Committees from the classes of 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2014 will gather in Charlottesville for the Reunion Volunteer Workshop. A general schedule for the day is listed below.
- 8:30-9 a.m. Check-in, coffee & Bodo’s bagels; Alumni Hall Ballroom
- Complimentary parking available in the Central Grounds Garage, just across the street
- Parking at Alumni Hall reserved for alumni displaying Alumni Life Member cards upon entry to lot
- 9-9:30 a.m. Welcome Session; Alumni Hall Ballroom
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. Committee Breakout Sessions; various conference rooms throughout Alumni Hall
- 12 p.m. Pre-Game Tailgate; Alumni Hall, Front Lawn
- 1 complimentary meal ticket will be provided for each committee member; drink tickets and additional meal tickets available for purchase on site
- 3 p.m. UVA vs. Ohio University; Scott Stadium
- Complimentary shuttles begin their loop from Alumni Hall to the game at 1:45 p.m.
- Game tickets have been reserved for committee members, click here to purchase
For your convenience, the UVA Alumni Association has reserved blocks at the following local hotels for September 14 and September 15, 2018. Many of these blocks expire on or around August 15, so book your room(s) now!
To book a room through the hotel blocks:
- You must call the hotel – the blocks are not available online.
- Reference the name of the block: “UVA Alumni Association Reunions Volunteer Workshop.”
If you find that the hotel block(s) are full:
- Ask the hotel about vacancy outside the hotel block – other rooms may be available.
- Visit travel websites (Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) to check on availability there.
- Call back often to check on availability.
Note: There are many more hotels in Charlottesville aside from the ones listed below. Click here to view additional accommodations in Charlottesville.
|Hotel||Address||Phone||Distance from Grounds||Nightly Rate|
|Boar’s Head Inn||200 Ednam Dr.||434-296-2181 or
|Comfort Inn||2097 Inn Dr.||434-977-3300||5.5 miles||$199
|Courtyard Marriott (29N)||638 Hillsdale Dr.||434-973-7100 or
|The Draftsman||1106 W. Main St.||888-236-2427||0.5 miles||$299|
|The English Inn||2000 Morton Dr.||434-971-9900||1.7 miles||$299|
|Hampton Inn||2035 India Rd.||434-978-7888||2 miles||$169|
|Hampton Inn & Suites (UVA)||900 W Main St.||434-923-8600 or
|Inn at Darden||100 Darden Blvd.||434-243-5000||0.70||$120|
|Hyatt Place||2100 Bond St.||434-995-5200||1.5 miles||$189|
|The Graduate||1309 W. Main St.||434-295-4333||0.5 miles||$279|
|Homewood Suites||2036 India Rd.||434-244-6200||1.73 miles||$219|
|Omni||212 Ridge McIntire Rd.||434-971-5500||1.5 miles||$249|
|Residence Inn (Barracks)||1111 Millmont St.||434-923-0300||1.2 miles||$199|
|Residence Inn (Downtown)||315 W. Main St.||434-220-0075||1.5 miles||$249|
*Please note: This listing of Charlottesville-area accommodations does not imply an endorsement by the University of Virginia or the UVA Alumni Association. Additionally, the University of Virginia and the UVA Alumni Association cannot guarantee how long the information on this site will remain accurate. Please note that lower nightly rates may be available through other online travel sites. If your question has not been answered by this page or if you find out that a hotel is full, we invite you to contact the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 243-9000.
Charlottesville offers alumni a wide range of hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts and accommodations for every taste and budget. Click here to see an extensive list of other area accommodations outside of our hotel block options.