Reunions takes place on Central Grounds and is a moderately active weekend that requires some walking on uneven terrain, climbing steps, and prolonged standing. View an accessibility map of Central Grounds.
The UVA Alumni Association is committed to making Reunions an inclusive and accessible experience for everyone. When you purchase your ticket for Reunions, you’ll have the option to let us know if you require any disability-related accommodations to participate. If you do require an accommodation, a member of our team will email you about your request.
Learn about On- and Off-Grounds accommodations here.
The attire for all Reunions events is casual, and we encourage alumni to dress so that they feel comfortable and festive. Spring weather in Virginia is unpredictable, so please plan for a variety of weather scenarios. Additionally, indoor locations are heavily air-conditioned, so please bring a jacket, shawl, or sweater to ensure you stay comfortable.
Check in for Reunions will take place at Alumni Hall. Here, you’ll receive your nametag, which will serve as your ticket for the events you’ve registered to attend. You will receive more information about check-in in May 2023.
Children and Families
All Reunions events are family-friendly. We encourage you to bring partners, family members, and/or children of all ages as your Reunions guests. Programming for children includes face painting, a magic show, crafts, and Kona Ice. Families can also enjoy the bouldering wall and activities at The Fralin!
The following local resources are available if you need childcare during Reunions:
Please note: this listed of childcare providers does not imply an endorsement by the UVA Alumni Association.
Host a Reception
Reunions is the perfect opportunity to bring your friends back together. From teammates to dormmates to fellow members of your student organization or CIO, the Alumni Association is here to reunite Hoos with shared UVA experiences.
While the Alumni Association will coordinate receptions for student organizations or groups that have dedicated University staff (for example: Housing & Residence Life alumni, Drama Department alumni, or Madison House alumni), we’re relying on you to create special moments for the groups that were important to you on Grounds.
A number of alumni-hosted receptions are already included on the Reunions schedule. Don’t see your group and want to host? Email Emma Baumgardner at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and volunteer to host a reception for your group.
Parking & Transportation
Learn about Parking & Transportation here.
Access to on-Grounds recreation facilities is provided as part of your Reunions registration. Simply show your Reunions nametag at the facility to receive a day pass. Call 434-924-PLAY or visit www.virginia.edu/ims for more information.
Schedule of Events
On each weekend, most Reunions events take place from Friday morning through Sunday at noon. You can expect a diverse mix of social events, academic offerings featuring UVA faculty, staff, and alumni, open houses and tours, small group receptions, and moments to reconnect and celebrate with classmates.
(Classes of 1993, 1988, 1983, 1978, 1973, and the Thomas Jefferson Society)
Weekend I Schedule Printable Schedule
(Classes of 2018, 2013, 2008, 2003, and 1998)
The Alumni Association is taking steps to make Reunions a zero-waste event. By that, we mean that 90% or more of the waste generated by Reunions events is recycled or composted instead of being hauled to a landfill.
Here’s what you can expect to see on Grounds during Reunions:
- Reduced paper at check-in. Instead of printing paper agendas for each guest, we’ll rely on the use of a mobile app for information sharing.
- More sustainable hydration. Instead of plastic water bottles at events, you’ll find refill stations (to be used with compostable cups or your own beverage container).
- Composting at large events featuring food and beverage. To stay in line with the University’s goal to eliminate single-use plastic on Grounds, plates, cups, utensils and napkins at your evening class events will either be compostable or reusable.
- Multiple types of waste bins. Instead of just trash bins, you’ll see recycling, composting and trash bins at large events featuring food and beverage. If you’re not sure where to toss an item, refer to the signage on the bins or ask a member of the catering team.
Follow these steps to connect to UVA’s Guest Wi-Fi network while on Grounds:
- Connect to the UVA Guest WiFi network
- A pop-up window should open automatically (if the page doesn’t appear, open a browser & visit virginia.edu/guest)