Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Class Ambassador (a role previously known as Reunion Committee Member). As a leader of your class, you have the power to motivate your classmates to reconnect with UVA and each other. There are two committees you may join to serve as an ambassador: The Giving Committee and the Outreach Committee.
All Class Ambassadors are expected to:
- Stay informed throughout the year via email and 1-2 virtual meetings.
- Serve as a connection point between your class and the University and/or the Alumni Association by sharing feedback and updates in either direction.
- Have fun at your reunion! (No weekend-of responsibilities)
- Classes of 1962-1987: June 2-5, 2022
- Classes of 1992-2017: June 10-12, 2022
You can learn about specific committee responsibilities and join one or both committees below.
Giving Committee members are expected to:
- Support the University by making a personal gift to any area of the University during the fiscal year (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022).
- Encourage class giving participation by reaching out to friends and classmates throughout the year.
Outreach Committee members are expected to:
- Connect with at least 20 friends and classmates throughout the year to build excitement and encourage reunion attendance.
- Represent the interests of your classmates by providing input on Reunion events and programs.
- Consider hosting a reception during Reunions for a student activity group or CIO that you were part of.