Reunions could not exist without our alumni volunteers who selflessly devote their energies to supporting the program. As class leaders, our alumni hold in their hands the keys to motivating classmates to reconnect with UVA and each other. By serving as volunteers, they inspire celebration participation or philanthropic support. Thank you to our volunteers who make this program so strong!
- All Volunteers
- Participate in a virtual committee meeting
- Keep up with e-mail updates from your University representative and committee chairs to be a knowledgeable ambassador of the program
- Reach out to your friends and classmates throughout the spring to share updates about your reunion celebration
- Join in the celebration and have fun!
- Reunion Outreach Volunteers
- Connect with at least 20 friends and classmates throughout the year to build excitement and encourage celebration participation.
- Provide input on reunion events and programs, if interested.
- Reunion Giving Volunteers (Classes ending in -1 and -6 only)
- Support the University by making a personal gift to any area of the University during the fiscal year (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021).
- Encourage class giving participation and celebration participation by reaching out to 20 friends and classmates throughout the year.
University Staff Contact Information
UVA Alumni Association
Classes of 2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2015, 2016
Classes of 1970, 1971, 1975
Classes of 2010, 2011
Classes of 1960, 1961, 1965, 1966, 1976
Classes of 1980, 1981, 1985, 1986
Classes of 1990, 1991, 1995, 1996
University Advancement, Office of Reunion Giving
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can serve as a volunteer?
Any classmate from a reunion year is welcome to serve as a volunteer! The broader and more diverse the committee, the wider the network of outreach.
How many alumni serve as volunteers?
The more, the merrier! Most committees will have 50–125 classmate volunteers.
How much time will this take?
This experience is entirely what you make of it. While there are some scheduled conference calls (~1/quarter), minutes are always emailed out afterwards, and your chairs and staff contacts will help keep you on track.
It might take you 15 minutes per month to reach out to your 20 classmates to encourage them to join the virtual celebration or give back to the University. Or, you might take it upon yourself to help plan a virtual reception for classmates or devote more time to work as a volunteer. The harder you work to connect with friends in advance of the celebration, the more significant your impact will be!
What are the benefits?
Volunteering has its rewards!
- You get to reconnect with your friends and classmates from UVA
- You receive credit on your permanent UVA record for volunteer service to the University
- With your permission, your name will be published on the UVA Reunions website
- You are invited to register for the virtual celebration earlier than the rest of the class, granting you first access to events with limited capacities and other early registration perks
Most importantly, reunion volunteers report that their reunion experience is enhanced because of the meaningful contacts they made with classmates prior to the reunion. We hope you’ll join us!