- This event has passed.
UVA Alumni Online Networking – Marketing & Communications
October 12, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Connect with UVA alumni working in Marketing & Communications. Share your experiences, exchange career tips and build your professional network!
It’s free, it’s only an hour and it’s fun! REGISTER HERE
Online networking enables you to speed-network from wherever you are. You can sign in from your home or office, on your smartphone or tablet.
When you enter the live event, you will be able to select a virtual “booth” representing the geographic area within which you would like to network. You can participate in more than one booth during the event if you’d like.
• Mid-Atlantic (Virginia, DC, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia)
• Southeast (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee)
• New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont)
• Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
• Southwest (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah)
• West (& International) (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming & Non-US locations)
Once in a group, you will be paired with fellow alums for 10-minute text-based chats that will allow you to make a connection, exchange contact information and end the hour with several new connections you didn’t have before. After the chats, add your new contacts to your network by connecting on LinkedIn or following up via email.
A transcript of your conversations will be saved for you to access after each event, so you can look back at your chat history, review your notes, gather contact information and follow up!
Want to prepare? Take a look at our list of online networking hints.