- This event has passed.
Architecture Panel: Women in Design
November 1, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The design world has always struggled to address the gender gap. While well over 50% of architecture students identify as female, this number drops drastically in the professional field. Whether in leadership or in pay, the inequality has not gone unnoticed; as a result, firms across the world have made addressing diversity a top priority. But the question still remains: how do we create a more equitable field, with more equal opportunities?
Join the Virginia Club of New York and the School of Architecture as top design professionals discuss their challenges and successes in the field, how to run a woman-owned firm, and how the “Me Too” movement and the changing dynamics of the work force will impact design. Panelists will include:
– Moderator: Ila Berman, Dean of the School of Architecture at the University of Virginia
– Becca McCharen-Tran (ARCH ’06), Founder and Creative Director of CHROMAT
– Azadeh Rashidi (ARCH ’95 & ’00), Project Architect at Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects
– Sylvia Smith (ARCH ’79), Senior Partner at FXCollaborative
– Marion Weiss (ARCH ’79), Co-Founder of Weiss/Manfredi Architecture/Landscape/Urbanism
Admission is free for members and $15.00 for non-members. Members may purchase a maximum of two tickets at the member rate. RSVP HERE.