Meticulous and energetic executive seeks super smart right hand person to facilitate all aspects of a small family office. This Business Manager will be responsible for all cost accounting in VA, CT and NYC and keeping up-to-the-moment meticulous books. Cash flows, bank reconciliations, depreciation, and tax return prep should all be second nature. Prior experience with benefits and HR would be a plus. Most important, s/he must be self-motivated, highly organized and extremely detailed oriented.
On a personal level, we like to bring Southern manners and New York resolve to every endeavor.
• Plan several steps ahead
• Work to generate goodwill even in tough circumstances
• Thrive in collaborative environments
• Have limitless hustle
• Have impeccable organizational skills
• Be highly adaptable to diverse personalities, shifting priorities and pop-up deadlines
• Take nothing for granted and always look to the deeper levels to ensure nothing is overlooked
• Provide both confidentiality and transparency
• Maintain a positive attitude in every situation including dealing with parents, college-aged children and two golden retrievers
A successful candidate should have the following skills and qualifications:
• Thorough understanding of accounting and bookkeeping procedures with at least 8 years direct experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience creating and maintaining organizational systems
• IT knowledge beyond that of a basic user with the ability to implement & update software & hardware when needed
• Familiarity with the internet and cloud based software and services, such as Google apps, Podio and DropBox
• Experience with mobile devices and apps and the ability to use them creatively to increase work efficiency and team communication
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing tasks
• Aptitude in managing and tracking projects and costs
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or other accounting software
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and other design skills a plus
Please submit cover letter and resume when applying.