Lifetime Learning provides alumni with free access to a robust online research library featuring five databases with over 10,000 journals and articles, many of which are full-text. These databases are available free of cost to all University of Virginia alumni through your HoosOnline account. Whether you have returned to school, work for a major corporation or stay at home with children, the library databases can be a great intellectual resource. Search the databases to keep you up-to-date on the latest topics, discoveries, business books or wellness information.
The library features five research databases.
- Academic Search
Full text journals, indexing and abstracting
- Business Source
Alumni Edition for post-college professionals
- Book Summaries
Summaries of the top business books
Nursing and Allied Health
- Health Library
Health, wellness and complementary therapy
Top 5 Reasons to Use the UVA Alumni Library Databases
- They contain subject-specific journals aimed at your profession, such as nursing, business, law, psychology and more.
- The internet has many formats (websites, articles, biographies, quotes, etc.) which can burden you with extra work of wading through the information you need.
- Access to Business Book Summaries, which provides comprehensive summaries of the world’s leading business books. Great for today’s busy executives.
- The Internet has no accountability for information accuracy or reliability; UVA Alumni Library Databases do!
- They are FREE to all University of Virginia alumni!