In the wake of the events of August 11 and 12, the University is working to strengthen the University community and preserve a strong and meaningful student experience. The Alumni Association and University Advancement’s Office of Engagement invited alumni and parents to join UVA student leaders, faculty and other alumni on Wednesday, November 1 at 6:00 p.m. at Alumni Hall for a dynamic discussion.
The panel, facilitated by Risa Goluboff, Dean and Arnold H. Leon Professor, School of Law; professor, Department of History, College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences; chair of the Deans Working Group, included:
- Frank M. (Rusty) Conner, III (Col ’78), Rector, Board of Visitors
- Greg Jackson, Jr. (Col ’07), Founder, Hoos Against Hate
- Patricia Lampkin (Ed.D ’86), Vice President, Student Affairs
- Bryanna Miller (Col ’18), Student Member, Board of Visitors and Former President of BSA
- Kirt von Daacke (Col ’97), Assistant Dean & Professor, Undergraduate College of Arts & Sciences
You can view the panel discussion below:
Learn more about the events of August 11 and 12, 2017 and how the University is responding.
Upcoming events offering critical insight to how we learn from the past and move forward as a strengthened community.
Support areas of the University that strengthen our commitments to democracy, social justice, inclusion, and equity.