1. It’s the nation’s 2nd oldest Thanksgiving Parade.
2. You most likely have a childhood memory surrounding the, or a, Thanksgiving Parade. Watching the parade will take you back to a time when it was acceptable to nap all of time and you didn’t have real responsibilities.
3. It’s a really nice way to bond with family.
4. Snoopy from Peanuts will be there (as usual!)…
5. …and so will some pretty awesome performers.
6. Including University of Virginia’s Cavalier Marching Band!
So go on, buy your plane ticket to New York (or just gather around your television screen, I guess, if you want to be boring) and have fun watching this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
Recommended for You
The views and opinions expressed within the pages of the HoosNetwork are those of UVA alumni bloggers and are not necessarily representative of, or approved by, the University of Virginia. Posting an article to HoosNetwork is not an endorsement.
The University of Virginia prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any classification protected by local, state, or federal law.