- In fall 2004, the Cavalier Marching Band performed for the first time, playing shows for thousands of fans (62,790 in their initial performance).
- The CMB has performed with notable guest artists: The Temptations Review starring Dennis Edwards, Al Chez, Tom “Bones” Malone, Sid McGinnis, Ivan Rutherford, and Chad Hugo.
- The team has been invited to play in Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica and Hawaii.
- The CMB’s incredible show of solidarity: “the December following the violence at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2007, the Cavalier Marching Band joined forces with The Marching Virginians of Virginia Tech to host a joint concert, held at John Paul Jones Arena. The aim of hosting this concert was to raise money for scholarship funds at both schools. Half of all proceeds went to the CMB’s scholarship fund while half were given to a memorial fund to honor one of the Marching Virginians who was killed during the violence.”
- The Cavalier Marching Band will be performing in New York City, on Thursday, November 26, 2015, in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in front of tens of millions of spectators (in person and on the television). They will be the youngest band in attendance. Hoos from afar will be able to tune in on NBC that morning to cheer them on. Wahoowa!
Recommended for You
The views and opinions expressed within the pages of the HoosNetwork are those of UVA alumni bloggers and are not necessarily representative of, or approved by, the University of Virginia. Posting an article to HoosNetwork is not an endorsement.
The University of Virginia prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any classification protected by local, state, or federal law.