Anushay Hossain (CLAS ’02) is a feminist journalist based in Washington, DC. Anushay is a frequent contributor on CNN, The Huffington Post and Forbes Women. In this HoosNetwork Live interview, Anushay talks about her U.Va. experience, how to develop a personal brand and her work as a writer. Follow Anushay on Twitter @AnushaysPoint, and visit her website anushayspoint.com
Questions for Anushay:
1) After you graduated from U.Va. you went to the University of Sussex in the U.K. for a Master’s in Gender and Development. Why did you pick Sussex and how did that degree impact your career trajectory?
2) You currently write a column for the Huffington Post and for Forbes Woman. How did you get those opportunities and what advice do you have for a current student or alum who wants to get published on similar platforms?
3) You worked for Al-Jazeera English as a Digital Producer. What did that work entail?
4) What does it mean to have a digital brand? What would you say are the elements of your digital brand?
5) What do you miss the most about your time at U.Va.?
Creative Connections are short interviews with interesting U.Va. alumni and parents living and working around the world. Find out more about what they love most about U.Va., their work, and living in their part of the world.
Recommended for You
The views and opinions expressed within the pages of the HoosNetwork are those of UVA alumni bloggers and are not necessarily representative of, or approved by, the University of Virginia. Posting an article to HoosNetwork is not an endorsement.
The University of Virginia prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any classification protected by local, state, or federal law.