- This event has passed.
UVA vs. Boise State Game Watch
September 22, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Come join your fellow Hoos as we cheer on the University of Virginia Cavaliers as they face off against the Boise State Broncos under the lights on Friday, September 22nd!
The UVA Club of DC is excited to be hosting its first ever pregame social and game watch at Town Hall, a staple of the Glover Park neighborhood and longtime supporter of local Wahoos!
We have reserved the upstairs bar, where there will be happy hour food and drink specials all night and a surprise signature drink from one of our very own Corner bars. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to connect with fellow Wahoos in the area and cheer on Dear Old UVA!
Pregame Social: 6:00pm
The DC Hoos will also be collecting donations at the event for our local partner, Horton’s Kids, for their emergency food pantry at its Community Resource Center in Anacostia. Horton’s Kids empowers children living in one of Washington, DC’s most under-resourced and violent communities, so that they graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life.
Please see below for a list of requested non-perishable food items. Feel free to bring these with you to the watch party, or purchase them via the Food Drive Amazon Wishlist (link: http://a.co/bAIIsMF). All purchases are Prime eligible, most under $30, and ship directly to Horton’s Kids!
List of Needed Pantry Items
· Canned chicken & tuna fish**
· Cereal & Oatmeal*
· Complete Meals* (ex: Tuna Helper, Chef Boyardee Ravioli, Campbell’s Ready Meals)
· Snacks (crackers, granola bars)
· Canned beans
· Pasta & Rice
· Macaroni & cheese
· Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, syrup, hot sauce)
Some other information about Horton’s Kids:
• Keeping the food pantry stocked will help feed 500 at-risk children in DC.
• The children Horton’s Kids serves live in what’s called a “food desert.”
• Most Horton’s Kids participants live in families surviving on less than $10,000 a year.
• 100% of children in Horton’s Kids qualify for free or reduced-price school lunch.
• Children with poor nutrition are more likely to miss days of school and be required to repeat grades.
Equipped with bulletproof glass, the Horton’s Kids Community Resource Center is the only safe, consistent, and accessible source of healthy food for many children and families in the community. Last year, Horton’s Kids provided 36,225 to children and families. To learn more about Horton’s Kids, please visit www.hortonskids.org.
For more information, please contact Lauren and Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 22, 2017
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Social, Sports
- Event Tags:
- football, game watch
- Town Hall
2340 Wisconsin Ave. NW
DC, DC 20007 United States + Google Map
- View Venue Website