- This event has passed.
Networking Cyber Security Panel Discussion
November 30, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5 – $10
Cyber Security Outlook in the New Administration
Join us for an expert panel discussion on the outlook for cyber-security in light of trends in the Internet of Things and policy developments expected with the new presidential administration. Attendees will have an opportunity for Q&A with the panel. Light hors d’oeuvres, beer, wine, and alternate beverages will be provided.
$5 for Members
$10 for Non-members
Senior Director, Strategy & Planning – BAE Systems
Neill received a BA from dear old UVA in government and women’s studies. Since walking the Lawn, she has gone on to achieve many accomplishments within the field of cyber security, most notably:
– Appointed by President George W. Bush to serve as the Special Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Senior Director for Cybersecurity and Information Sharing Policy
– Principal author of seminal US Government cybersecurity and information sharing policies
– Served on the Homeland Security Council as the Director of Protection and Information Sharing Policy and the Director of Critical Infrastructure Protection Policy
– Served at the Department of Homeland Security as the Director of Legislative Affairs for Information Analysis and Infrastructure Protection
– Served in the Department of Commerce as the Director of Public Affairs
Senior Fellow, Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty
Mario currently focuses his research at WILL on federalism and constitutional law. He began his career in corporate law and is admitted to practice law in New York State, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Supreme Court, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Notable accomplishments include:
– Contributing editor at National Review and a senior fellow at the Texas Public Policy Foundation, where he was director of federalism and constitutional studies.
– Served in the Pentagon as a special assistant to the undersecretary of defense for policy
– Served on Capitol Hill as counsel for foreign and defense affairs to the U.S. Senate Republican Policy Committee
– Served as a senior advisor for Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska.
Partner, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
As a member of Sutherland’s Crisis Management and Complex Litigation team, Matt advises companies on best practices in process safety and crisis management planning, and helps guide companies through internal and governmental investigations and response to incidents.
– Assisted in the BP oil spill litigation and guided the drilling contractor through crisis management and regulatory issues following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
– Represented an international oil company in connection with a $100 million claim involving a long-term supply agreement
– Selected for inclusion in Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” (2014-2016)
Federal Sales, Tenable Network Security
Josh spent the last ten years working with the Department of Homeland Security consulting in various roles supporting cyber security and communications, information sharing and critical infrastructure protection. He recently started a cyber security and information sharing consulting firm, and is providing professional services for government and private-sector clients.
– Led teams as the quota-carrying Account General Manager of CSRA’s businesses within the Department of Homeland Security’s cyber-security, critical infrastructure and intelligence components as well as leading CSC’s response to the CDM/CMaaS BPA
– Supported the private sector designing large IT projects, managing code development, and leading international systems engineering and integration projects as well as cyber security and performance management tiger teams for a number of Fortune 500 companies
– Deployed one of the first managed services within a Tier-1 ISP using a Microsoft platform, a remote helpdesk and international patch management system for Unix and Microsoft platforms for a global financial interest with more than 75k servers, a global asset management system for an oil and gas manufacturer, and a global POS system for a major US retailer.
We hope you will join us in welcoming this panel of thought leaders. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.