- This event has passed.
The Miller Center: Do Presidential Debates Change Elections?
October 14, 2012 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The Miller Center of UVA will be hosting a televised discussion this Sunday morning on “Do Presidential Debates Change Elections?”.
Jake Tapper, ABC Chief White House Correspondent
· Richard Norton Smith – Eminent presidential historian
· Martha Raddatz – ABC Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent (and moderator of 10/11 VP debate)
· Jon Huntsman – Former Utah Governor; 2012 GOP presidential candidate
· Chris Dodd – Former U.S. Senator (CT); 2008 Democratic presidential candidate
· George Will – Pulitzer Prize-winning commentator
· Donna Brazile – Democratic strategist; Gore 2000 campaign manager
Seating is very limited and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact Tamira Robertson for tickets.
The Miller Center is a nonpartisan institute that seeks to expand understanding of the presidency, policy, and political history, providing critical insights for the nation’s governance challenges. Based at the University of Virginia, with offices in Charlottesville and in Washington, D.C., the Miller Center is committed to work grounded in rigorous scholarship and advanced through civil discourse. Gerald L. Baliles, 65th governor of Virginia and former chairman of the board of PBS, has served as director and CEO of the Miller Center since April 2006.
- October 14, 2012
8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Event Category:
- The Newseum
555 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC, DC United States + Google Map