- This event has passed.
Apply for the 2013-2014 UVA Club of Washington Board
May 31, 2013
There are lots of great ways to get involved with the UVaClub of Washington including becoming a board member! UVA Club of Washington Board members serve in a dual ambassadorial role: by representing the University to their constituency and local community, and by representing their constituency and local community to visiting University professors, alumni and officials. From planning events to sharing your expertise, participation on the alumni board will allow you to remain connected to the University community at large.
Applications for vacant board positions are being accepted until May 31st. Please submit all applications and questions to Christine Thach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of vacant board positions and respective job descriptions for the 2013-2014 year (effective June 1st, 2013):
Marketing & Technology Committee Co-Chair (1 vacancy)
- Oversees and advises on the use and efficiency of technology to increase membership and event participation
- Drafts and distributes monthly newsletters
- Maintains and updates club website
- Updates social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter)
- Liaises with Office of Engagement on website, monthly e-blasts and other correspondence
Social Committee Co-Chair (2 vacancies)
- Coordinates social, annual, and special events
- Experience the flavor of local community with other area Wahoos
- Organizes recurring events, such as quarterly happy hours at local venues
- Plans holiday parties, barbecues, Virginia Gold Cup, and Founder’s Day Gala
- Liaises with local alumni clubs from other universities to spearhead joint events
Schools Committee Co-Chair (2 vacancies)
- Raise awareness of UVa among prospective students (serves as ambassador to local high school administrators; identifies area college fairs and recruits UVa representatives; plans local UVa admissions nights, including recruitment of alumni panelists)
- Makes congratulatory phone calls to accepted students (Fall and Spring)
- Plans Student Send-Off Parties (4) to celebrate and welcome local UVa students and parents
- Administers presentation of Jefferson Book Award at local schools in the region