Interested in working in the solar industry in DC? Tom Kimbis, Class of ’97, is hiring for an executive assistant to the CEO – a great opportunity for a new graduate or anyone wanting to break into Renewable energy.
Submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT & CEO
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry. The mission of SEIA is to build a strong solar industry to power America. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO provides administrative and additional support to the President & CEO. The position has the opportunity to advance within SEIA; several past holders of this position have become Board Liaison, Office Manager, and a Fulbright Scholar. SEIA maintains a collaborative work environment; the Executive Assistant will have the ability to interact with policy, communications, research, events and other staff.
- Calendar management on behalf of the President & CEO
- Coordinate speaking engagements from start to finish for President & CEO – follow-up with all opportunities and presentation preparation
- Prepare and submit expense reimbursement and timesheets on behalf of the President & CEO
- Handle travel arrangements and prepare travel folder for President & CEO
- Assist with quarterly Meetings of the Board of Directors
- Maintain legal files
- Coordinate across the six departments of SEIA for various events or meetings
- Assist other VP’s as needed
- Other admin duties as needed
- Greet and introduce solar executives visiting the office on behalf of the President & CEO
- Proofread op-eds, reports, and other documents
- Continue to draft materials that have been started by subject-matter experts
- Work with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to develop presentations for the President & CEO based on materials from internal staff
- Research online for materials needed by the President & CEO
- Coordinate internal-external meetings, including developing basic materials for those meetings
- Other additional materials as needed
Our ideal candidate is:
- Organized (calendar, appointments, meetings)
- A strong writer (reports, PowerPoints, proofing)
- Flexible (multitasking, handling quick turnaround assignments)
- Detail-oriented (watching deadlines, helping President & CEO stay on schedule)
- A bachelor’s degree is required.