Feb 21, 2014
Event Type: Webinars
PhD Curry '93
A common mistake made by job seekers is casting a net that is too wide. In this webinar, Karen Dowd (PhD Currry ’93) will focus on the plusses of conducting a search that is geographically specific.
Karen will share tips on:
• Selecting a city (or cities) in which to conduct a job search
• Finding resources to explore career options in a particular geographic area
• Developing or expanding your network in your selected area
• Generating leads in your target location
• Using on-line resources and databases in your job search
Karen Dowd is a well-known author, speaker and consultant on career management issues. She is currently an Assistant Dean at the Simon Business School, University of Rochester, New York State and is also the Chair of the MBA Career Services & Employers Alliance Asian Expansion Initiative. Karen is the author of two books, both published by McGraw-Hill: “The Ultimate Guide to Getting the Career You Want,” and “Interpersonal Skills in Organizations.” Karen has worked in higher education for The University of Virginia’s Darden School, Notre Dame, and the University of Denver. She was also a management consultant for Brecker & Merryman/The Empower Group in New York City for nine years.