Career advising appointments may be used to discuss your application strategy and for review of your resume and personal statement or essay(s).
Document reviews require a preliminary advising appointment to provide the reviewer with additional context about your application. Your documents are then read and critiqued offline during a separate appointment, with feedback provided by email.
- Preliminary appointment: in person, or by phone/Zoom
- Document review (resume, CV, personal statement, essay): written feedback only; we do not meet
How many documents per 50-minute document review?
- 500 words or 2 pages double spaced for essays, or
- 2 pages single spaced for resumes/CVs
- Longer documents may require additional appointment(s); please contact your advisor
How many essays per client per application cycle?
- 3 original 500+ word essays and
- 2 original 250 word essays and
- 1 extra review of each after edits if needed
- If more are needed, please ask your advisor
What to send for review
- Resumes/CV/personal statement/essay in MS Word
- Essay prompt and any formatting instructions
- Name of school and program to which you are applying