Some of you have asked us what Alumni Career Services has to offer. We’re happy to share information with you about the services and resources we provide, and how we can help.
We serve alumni of all UVa schools, at all stages of their careers. We can help with:
- Job search
- Career transition
- Resume and cover letter development
- Graduate school planning and applications
- Interviewing and negotiation
- Career or retirement planning
Most of our career resources can be accessed online, without an appointment. We offer online tools specifically for UVa alumni and additional curated resources from trusted sources.
Here is a sampling of the resources we offer:
- UValumniJOBS: created specifically for UVa alumni of all experience levels to find and apply for jobs, practice interviewing and request an individual advising appointment. Employers are also invited to post jobs for UVa alumni free of charge.
- Friday Forum Webinars: live webinars on career topics, presented by alumni experts! All webinars are recorded and archived in the Friday Forum Webinar Library for later viewing.
- Networking resources: access the alumni directory, University of Virginia Alumni, Parents and Friends LinkedIn group, the network of alumni clubs and other resources to connect with fellow alumni!
- Job boards: browse a curated list of job boards organized by industry/interest area!
- Events: visit our calendar of upcoming events, held on and off Grounds and online!
- Resume and cover letter resources: tools, tips and suggestions for writing effective resumes and cover letters!