Gleaning is the collecting of leftover vegetables (or fruits) from farmers’ fields after the fields have been commercially harvested. These leftover crops are delicious and nutritious and are donated to food banks throughout palm Beach County to help residents in need.
It is a great project for the entire family! Every participant must fill out and bring a waiver with them; you can find the waiver here.
Location: Field located at 2251 SW Kanner Highway, Stuart
1. The above address works on GPS units and took me directly to the field. Don’t let the Stuart address concern you it is actually 7 miles off of the Hobe Sound exit.
2. Coming from North or South on I-95: Take I-95 to Exit 96 Hobe Sound also known as route 708. Go west on route 708. In 2.3 miles you will come to a four way stop with Pratt Whiney Highway, continue straight on 708.
3. In an additional 2.7 miles you will come to a stop sign at the junction with route 76. Turn right.
4. From the turn onto 76 you will travel 1.7 miles. The farm entrance will be on your left. Look for Gleaning signs.
5. We will meet you as you turn into the field.